Our lab investigates mechanisms of transcriptional regulation by nuclear hormone receptors using mouse genetics and genomics. With emphasis on the Glucocorticoid Receptor (GR) as one of the most widely used drug targets we want to understand general gene regulatory mechanisms affecting inflammatory and metabolic genes. Using next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and biochemical assays we aim to identify and characterize chromatin dynamics, coregulator complexes and enhancer composition in different tissues.
Your goal will be:
– Establishing cutting edge NGS genomic techniques
– Collaborating with researchers in the consortium and bioinformaticians on statistical analyses of genomic data sets
– A wide variety of molecular biology experiments in cultured cells
– Phenotypic analysis of transgenic and knockout mice
– Master’s degree in biology or related life sciences (eligibility for the TUM or LMU graduate programs)
– Broad knowledge in (mammalian) genetics and molecular biology
– Strong background in cell biology, biochemistry and gene regulation
– Practical lab experience and willingness to work with mice
– Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others in an international environment
– Excellent skills in spoken and written English
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 50% TV EntgO Bund). In addition, there is also the possibility of granting an allowance amounting to 15% if the necessary conditions are fulfilled.
The position is (initially) limited to three years.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application (including your curriculum vitae, a description of your research background and interest and contact information for 3 references) until 15.09.2017.
Telefon: 089 3187-2052
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute for Diabetes and Obesity