The Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research of the University Hospital of Jena invites young scientists from all over the world to participate in the Summer School of Molecular Medicine. The Summer School will be held from August 14 till September 14, 2017, in Jena, Germany, and will provide an excellent opportunity to get familiar with research topics of molecular medicine and modern laboratory techniques. In addition, social events will provide a setting to meet and to learn more about the cultural life in Jena and its environs.
Who can apply
The program is open to students who hold a Diploma or Master’s degree in biosciences, biochemistry, medicine or related fields. The candidates will complete a practical course consisting of modules from four different complexes (Molecular Biology, Morphology, Functional Analyses, and Animal Models). The courses are accompanied by a lecture series. Highly motivated candidates will have the possibility to apply for a PhD position in the participating research groups.
- Master’s degree in biosciences, biochemistry, medicine or related fields obtained before the deadline of application
- Above-average grades
- Experience in standard laboratory techniques
- High level of proficiency in English
- Completed application form application_form_2017.doc
- Cover letter (in which you describe your intention to pursue graduate studies in the field of Molecular Medicine)
- Curriculum vitae including complete contact information, educational background, professional experience and picture (please, include phone numbers for possible interviews)
- University certificates (diploma, master or equivalent; certified copies)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, DSH, TestDaF, etc.)
- Brief summary of previous research experiences
- 2 letters of recommendation
If any of the above documents are not in German or English, please include official translations into one of these two languages.
Application deadline: May 01, 2017
Please send your application as hardcopy to the following address:
Prof. Dr. Regine Heller
Institute of Molecular Cell Biology
Center for Molecular Biomedicine (CMB)
Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena