- Job Code:10768
- Department / Research Group: Proteomics and Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 1 Postdoctoral Research Fellow (m/f)
- The research group Proteomics and Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegenerative Diseases of Prof. E. Wanker at the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association, located in Berlin-Buch, is currently offering the position of a Research Associate – Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f) with a focus on high-throughput protein-protein-interaction research.
The main objective of our work is to understand the pathomechanisms of neurodegenerative disorders such as Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s disease. One focus of our work lies on the analysis of protein-protein-interactions and their relevance to disease using high-throughput screening approaches. Working in a team of scientists and technicians, the successful applicant’s main task will be to systematically investigate the effects of mutations in neurodegenerative disease-causing proteins on protein networks and cellular processes. Protein-protein interaction screenings, partly with automated systems, and detailed validation studies of newly discovered interactions and their role in disease mechanisms will be performed to elucidate the biology of neurodegeneration.
- Your tasks include:
Interaction screening in mutation-dependence using yeast-2-hybrid and mammalian cell-based screenings systems (FRET/BRET, Co-IP);
Classical and Gateway cloning;
Yeast and mammalian cell culture;
Data analysis using bioinformatics tools;
Visiting and presenting at project meetings and conferences:
Writing reports, grant proposals and peer-reviewed publications;
Mentoring of junior scientists, students and technicians.
- Your profile:
Doctoral degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other relevant discipline with a solid theoretical and experimental skills base;
Ideally, experience with automated high-throughput screening technologies;
High motivation to acquire new techniques and workflows;
High ambition to achieve, also with regard to writing papers and grant proposals, resilience, flexibility and ability to work in a team;
Independent, well-organised and reliable work style.
- Employment, compensation and benefits governed by the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TVöD – Bund), postdoctoral salary group E13, level according to personal qualifications.
- Start Date:
- At the earliest convenience.
- Until the end of 2018.
- Application period:
- March 25th, 2017
- Contact address:
- Please send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
- Information contact:
- For further information about the position please contact Prof. Wanker at email@example.com EXCLUSIVELY per email.
- Further information:
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.